Which US brokers allow trading on TSX-V?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
k3vb0t

Which US brokers allow trading on TSX-V?

Post by k3vb0t »

I’m in a similar position to this post about best broker for “play” account but with one added caveat.

I’ve got my eye on a few Canadian microcaps that trade on TSX-V (Toronto Securities Exchange - Venture). These companies do have OTC equivalents trading on US exchanges but the liquidity is essentially zero. Volumes are much much higher on TSX-V.

I can’t seem to find reliable information on which brokers allow trading directly on that exchange and at what trade cost. Was curious if anyone has experience with this.
Kagord

Re: Which US brokers allow trading on TSX-V?

Post by Kagord »

You may want to look at Interactive Brokers, I used them 20-25 years ago for day (and night) speculative trading (kind of a play account), I was doing OK until the dot com bust, and then my account was pretty much liquidated on margin maintenance issues.

https://www1.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1562 (in case you get bored with Canada, notice the tabs for different regions on top, you can trade 24 hours).

They also have a 2nd play (called a paper trading account, and play meaning it's not real money) account you can request, which repeats the last day, I think.

The caveat is the platform is really geared towards serious traders, there's somewhat of a learning curve to really understand the client software.