Gawker Article Linking to Bogleheads

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
jms7

Gawker Article Linking to Bogleheads

Post by jms7 »

Based on my sense of the demographics of the board, I'll bet most here don't read Gawker. Nonetheless, I thought the board might be interested in the link below, in which Hamilton Nolan sums up the financial industry's opposition to proposed DOL rules that would make more investment advisors fiduciaries as "Financial Advisors Fight For Their Right to Rip You Off." Well put, and Nolan includes a link to Bogleheads as a place to find "better advice for free."

http://gawker.com/financial-advisors-fi ... 1590420692
stingray5688

Re: Gawker Article Linking to Bogleheads

Post by stingray5688 »

thanks for the link. although i do wish he had spelled out bogleheads.org to leave more of an impression than the word "here."

reading the articles and comments makes me so relieved i found low fee index funds early on.
"Don't be emotional about investing. So even a first investment should not be exciting." - livesoft
mickeyd

Post by mickeyd »

Nothing new in the article but most of the info seems to me pretty accurate.
Part-Owner of Texas | | “The CMH-the Cost Matters Hypothesis -is all that is needed to explain why indexing must and will work… Yes, it is that simple.” John C. Bogle
BarryZuckerkorn

Post by BarryZuckerkorn »

EDIT: I just realised this piece I linked to was in this article. My bad.

Although no mention of Bogleheads in this article, the NYT published a piece on this issue yesterday, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/13/your- ... years.html
The solution to all our problems is staring you in the face and it can't even see you!