How often should you rebalance a 2 fund portfolio?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
passive101

How often should you rebalance a 2 fund portfolio?

Post by passive101 »

I switched my Roth IRA in Vanguard to 90% VTWAX and 10% VSIAX.

How often should I rebalance them? Or how far away from the 90/10 split should I let them get?

I set it up to automatically invest 90/10 for each paycheck I get when it funds the account.
Wiggums

Re: How often should you rebalance a 2 fund portfolio?

Post by Wiggums »

Rebalancing will help you stick to your investing plan regardless of what the market does, helping you to stick to your risk tolerance levels. I only rebalance once a year.
"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left."
LeftCoastIV

Post by LeftCoastIV »

Are all of your investments in your Roth? Typically you would include all of your investments (e.g. 401K, IRA, taxable) for AA setting and rebalancing purposes.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

LeftCoastIV wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:36 am Are all of your investments in your Roth? Typically you would include all of your investments (e.g. 401K, IRA, taxable) for AA setting and rebalancing purposes.
I agree with this person. 90/10 is not just your Roth, should be everything across the board. As such, I would not recommend investing your paycheck 90/10. Just invest wherever needs investing at the moment to keep your overall AA 90/10 (or whatever you intend to maintain).