Changing Variable annuity agent

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Audman

Changing Variable annuity agent

Post by Audman »

The AXA Variable Annuity I own was sold to me in 2006 and I still own it and plan to annuitize it in 5-6 years. The broker who sold it to me died and I need some guidance regarding timing and other nuances of the annuity. Can someone recommend someone who would review the contract? I’m not comfortable with the AXA customer service people.
Stinky

Re: Changing Variable annuity agent

Post by Stinky »

Audman wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:11 pm The AXA Variable Annuity I own was sold to me in 2006 and I still own it and plan to annuitize it in 5-6 years. The broker who sold it to me died and I need some guidance regarding timing and other nuances of the annuity. Can someone recommend someone who would review the contract? I’m not comfortable with the AXA customer service people.
In all candor, I expect that the AXA customer service folks should be more capable to discuss nuances of the annuity than an agent.

That being said, if you want an agent, I’d just google “AXA agent (my city)” and see what you come up with.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
pgs59

Post by pgs59 »

I have to agree with the previous response. Another AXA agent will not be interested unless he/she sees some potential for a new sale.
Dale_G

Post by Dale_G »

And if you do get a new agent, be very, very careful if she/he suggests cashing out your present VA and buying something that is "New and better".
Volatility is my friend
Kenkat

Post by Kenkat »

Another suggestion would be to post your specific questions here; there are many knowledgeable poster on the board who might also be able to help.
Rex66

Post by Rex66 »

If you talk to the company, I find that the frontline people do NoT understand the products well. When I unfortunately held an annuity, I can’t tell you how many times I received wrong information from the company.

This would be in particular true if you have a complex question.

I think some here have used Stan the annuity man but personally do not have any experience.