Fidelity website down?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
nonemoreyears

Fidelity website down?

Post by nonemoreyears »

Is anyone else having trouble with the Fidelity website this evening? Haven’t seen any threads about it, nor anything on Twitter, so it makes me a bit nervous.

The message I see after logging in is:

“Fidelity is currently unable to provide brokerage or mutual fund account information. Please try again later.”
LincolnTunnel

Re: Fidelity website down?

Post by LincolnTunnel »

I have the same problem.
tommy85

Post by tommy85 »

Me too. I see only my 403b account. Brokerage, CMA and HSA accounts are not showing up. It did give me some error message which as usual I closed without reading 🤦‍♂️
Mr. Market is Bipolar.
drk

Post by drk »

Odd. No issues for me (with: taxable, IRA, HSA, 401k, 401a, RSUs).
Last edited by drk on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A useful razor: anyone asking about speculative strategies on Bogleheads.org has no business using them.
jarjarM

Post by jarjarM »

Access on the mobile app and it's fine.
kimura king

Post by kimura king »

down for me
ShadowRegent

Post by ShadowRegent »

Currently have this message in the sidebar:
Fidelity is currently unable to provide brokerage, mutual fund, or stock plan account information. Please try again later.
Only my 401(k) is showing at the moment.
thrifty_one

Post by thrifty_one »

brokerage account and rollover IRA not accessible currently
LBYM
LincolnTunnel

Post by LincolnTunnel »

jarjarM wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 pm Access on the mobile app and it's fine.
Thanks. This worked for me. Disconcerting to see the website not working properly though.
outbackcountry

Post by outbackcountry »

Same for me. Fidelity has a message on the side bar saying "Fidelity is unable to provide brokerage or mutual fund account information. Please try again later".

It is accessible via Mobile app though.
sjl333

Post by sjl333 »

Same it's back up for me. Almost had a heart attack when I opened my mint app
retired@50

Post by retired@50 »

OMG!

Will this lead to dozens of Bogleheads writing scathing complaint threads about Fidelity along with the vow to move their money ASAP...?

Regards,
If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. -George Orwell
Topic Author
nonemoreyears

Post by nonemoreyears »

LincolnTunnel wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:15 pm
Thanks. This worked for me. Disconcerting to see the website not working properly though.
Glad it’s not just me. It is disconcerting, for sure.
jarjarM

Post by jarjarM »

retired@50 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 pm OMG!

Will this lead to dozens of Bogleheads writing scathing complaint threads about Fidelity along with the vow to move their money ASAP...?

Regards,
Of course :twisted: That is until the next Vanguard "bad" service or Schwab locking people out of their account w/o proper ID. :beer
jarjarM

Post by jarjarM »

LincolnTunnel wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:15 pm
I always wonder if they check to see ratio of access between mobile and website and determine the appropriate IT resource for each. Maybe they're more intend making sure mobile is up and running for the younger crowds.
civility

Post by civility »

My account also not showing any info in Fidelity.

Post by 1789 »

Zero issues
"My conscience wants vegetarianism to win over the world. And my subconscious is yearning for a piece of juicy meat. But what do i want?" (Andrei Tarkovsky)
Ferdinand2014

Post by Ferdinand2014 »

No issues
“You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out.“ — Warren Buffett
Metsfan91

Post by Metsfan91 »

Fidelity page loads for me. NetBenefits is my login page.
"Know what you own, and know why you own it." — Peter Lynch
Topic Author
nonemoreyears

Post by nonemoreyears »

Back for me now too.
Wiggums

Post by Wiggums »

Regards,
^^This made me smile. Happy Friday everyone.
"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left."
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

Regards,
At least during the 30 minute after hours outage the OP could have picked up the phone and called Fidelity and someone would have answered. You can't say the same for Vanguard. That's where the real problem lies in my opinion.
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

SmileyFace wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:16 am

Regards,
At least during the 30 minute after hours outage the OP could have picked up the phone and called Fidelity and someone would have answered. You can't say the same for Vanguard. That's where the real problem lies in my opinion.
Remember this classic?

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/fi ... 22020.html

"Could you imagine if you went to bed last night with $1,000,000+ in your Fidelity accounts and woke up this morning to a total account balance of $0.00 with all Fidelity customer support methods down?" Adam Tutusko wrote in a Twitter posting. "So scary!"
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

Cheez-It Guy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:32 am
SmileyFace wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:16 am

Regards,
Remember this classic?

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/fi ... 22020.html

"Could you imagine if you went to bed last night with $1,000,000+ in your Fidelity accounts and woke up this morning to a total account balance of $0.00 with all Fidelity customer support methods down?" Adam Tutusko wrote in a Twitter posting. "So scary!"
I do. Everyone has their glitches but at least with Fidelity I know I can call either my assigned CFP directly or the general number if there is a tech glitch (the statement in this article "all support methods down" wasn't true. They were able to add that in since they prepended the word "Imagine" to the statement). I can't say the same for Vanguard when they have a glitch - no 24/7 service.
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

That was a post by an individual Twitter user and Fidelity customer, not one of the brokerage firm homers (like me, I guess) on Bogleheads. So what's their incentive to make it up? Imagine in this context means to imagine you were in the same situation (as that particular user who was relaying his personal experience). It's not something the article writer added for dramatic effect. It sounds like the glitch and / or the volume of customer service contact attempts following it caused multiple of the Fidelity support methods to fail.
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

Cheez-It Guy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:36 am That was a post by an individual Twitter user and Fidelity customer, not one of the brokerage firm homers (like me, I guess) on Bogleheads. So what's their incentive to make it up? Imagine in this context means to imagine you were in the same situation (as that particular user who was relaying his personal experience). It's not something the article writer added for dramatic effect. It sounds like the glitch and / or the volume of customer service contact attempts following it caused multiple of the Fidelity support methods to fail.
Amazing how many news outlets these days latch onto a single "The Sky is falling" Tweet from a single person. Yes it's concerning - but most people said once they re-logged in or refreshed their browsers things were fine. Other than this single tweet no one reported phone lines being down at Fidelity that day - in fact many reported that they called and were told to re-login. I am sure their phone lines were busy since a number of folks were affected - but at least they weren't shutdown and gone home for 60 hours which is what can happen when a glitch happens at Vanguard.
So that's the only point I was trying to make - both Vanguard and Fidelity have had online glitches - one has 24/7 phone support - the other does not. I prefer to be with the 24/7 support.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

Fidelity seems to be down / unable to login for me right now..
Others on the Internet seem to be reporting an issue for the past 2 hours or so
https://downdetector.com/status/fidelity/
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

JoMoney wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:44 pm Fidelity seems to be down / unable to login for me right now..
Others on the Internet seem to be reporting an issue for the past 2 hours or so
https://downdetector.com/status/fidelity/
... and I no sooner post this and it seems to work now :annoyed :confused
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham