[What do you read for financial news?]

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Old Oil Field

[What do you read for financial news?]

Post by Old Oil Field »

Since going to a three fund portfolio, I have continued my subscription to Barrons, Morningstar, and Skousen. I am wondering if I should just drop them and get my financial news off the tv or the net. At least I wouldn't be tempted as much to buy an individual stock.
Last edited by Flyer24 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title clarity
arcticpineapplecorp.

Re: What do you rad?

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

whatever prevents tempting you from buying individual stocks, unsubscribe.

there's no additional investment value to be had from t.v. and most of what's on the internet is of little to no value.

once you've discovered the three fund portfolio, everything else you might need to know about (tax loss harvesting), etc. can be found at bogleheads.org.

you've found the promised land.

don't overcomplicate things. it doesn't help.
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
Johm221122

Re: [What do you read for financial news?]

Post by Johm221122 »

Old Oil Field wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:01 am Since going to a three fund portfolio, I have continued my subscription to Barrons, Morningstar, and Skousen. I am wondering if I should just drop them and get my financial news off the tv or the net. At least I wouldn't be tempted as much to buy an individual stock.
I stopped watching or looking at the market or news about the market. It's pointless because I have a plan and just stick to it
I do look at bogleheads with my free time for entertainment
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Old Oil Field wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:01 am Since going to a three fund portfolio, I have continued my subscription to Barrons, Morningstar, and Skousen. I am wondering if I should just drop them and get my financial news off the tv or the net. At least I wouldn't be tempted as much to buy an individual stock.
For financial news I use Morningstar and this forum.

I read the Wall Street Journal and several other newspaper, but that's primarily for general news.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
Topic Author
Old Oil Field

Post by Old Oil Field »

Thank all of you for the replies.