Thinking Ahead to 2021 QCDs

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
tomd37

Thinking Ahead to 2021 QCDs

Post by tomd37 »

I have been thinking ahead about my 2021 QCDs and particularly about the timing of them this coming year. Are there any actual or potential reasons that I should possibly delay my QCDs. I know the need is there now in the organizations I donate to. I always take the QCDs in advance of the RMDs which are usually done in late summer or early fall.
Tom D.
manatee2005

Re: Thinking Ahead to 2021 QCDs

Post by manatee2005 »

tomd37 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:39 pm I have been thinking ahead about my 2021 QCDs and particularly about the timing of them this coming year. Are there any actual or potential reasons that I should possibly delay my QCDs. I know the need is there now in the organizations I donate to. I always take the QCDs in advance of the RMDs which are usually done in late summer or early fall.
No reason.
GerryL

Re: Thinking Ahead to 2021 QCDs

Post by GerryL »

Last year's RMD holiday, announced a few months into 2020, caused some people to consider whether they should be so quick to execute QCDs. But,
1) Another RMD holiday is probably not going to happen and
2) If you want to donate the money anyway, would a surprise RMD holiday change your mind about taking the $$ our of your IRA?

Do what you think is best for the charities you support.

I do my QCDs early in the year the remainder in the fall, and I'm not intending to change that plan.